Maple Winds Care Center is licensed to provide skilled nursing care and rehabilitative services. This care is available for long term or short term needs. Some residents may only require skilled care during a period of recovery from an illness or accident before returning to their own homes. We also provide respite care for seniors whose regular caregivers may need to be away, perhaps for a family emergency or vacation.
Some examples of the skilled nursing care that we provide include:
• Wound care
• Specialized nutritional services
We also offer a full range of rehabilitative services, including:
• Occupational therapy
• Speech therapy
• Restorative nursing programs
Our nursing staff together with our therapists and dietary staff create individual plans of care for each of our residents. Family members are included in this process, and each resident’s plan of care is regularly reviewed and adjustedto accommodate changing needs. The goal is to help each resident remain as independent as possible and as comfortable as possible.
Our activity programming is a very important part of this. We provide a variety of daily activities geared toward each resident’s likes and dislikes, and adapted as necessary to accommodate individual health constraints.
At Maple Winds we also provide:
- Transportation to scheduled medical appointments
- Regular in-house visits with a podiatrist
- Periodic audiology check-ups and hearing aid maintenance
- Complete dental care, including regular visits with a dentist
- Optometry visits and eyeglass services
- 24-hour ambulance service
- Complete laboratory services
- X-ray services
- Beauty and barber services